Due to freezing rain expected later in the day, we have made the difficult decision to cancel student transportation for today (Thursday, January 19) due to unknown road conditions during this afternoon’s commute.
As a result:
- Schools remain open
- Exams, tests, quizzes, excursions, charter trips, school programs, co-curricular activities, evening presentations, workshops, in-services and parent meetings (i.e Identification, Placement, and Review Committee Meetings, IPRCs) are cancelled for that day and will be rescheduled.
- Permits are cancelled for the evening.
- Before and After Programs in schools make every effort to remain open in inclement weather. However, the decision to open or to close early is up to the discretion of the Child Care Operator.
- Virtual learning will continue as usual
For Parent(s)/Guardian(s) with children in Elementary Schools:
- Please use the Safe Arrival System if your child(ren) is absent due to inclement weather. Students who cannot attend due to cancelled buses must still be reported absent using the Safe Arrival System.
- Hot Lunch programs at all YCDSB Elementary Schools are cancelled.
For Parent(s)/Guardian(s) with children in Secondary Schools:
- Cafeteria Services at all YCDSB Secondary Schools are closed